The Cross My Heart Job flaws
I'm bored and just watched this episode. I mostly like the episodes, but this one was a little ridiculous. I think they just fabricated the workings of every single agency in this episode to not give anything away that might rattle any cages.
1. The gang has to overtake the tower to find outgoing private flights to Chicago. This is public information. Just look at Flightaware.
2. The NWS office is not located in Cincinnati but Wilmington.
3. There is no way the NWS would issue a tornado warning without reasonable confirmation from the readings they are monitoring.
4. There would only be about 2 people at the NWS office on a quiet day (albeit, the one in Wilmington shares the building with hydrological forecasters, but there's still only a handful of people there). The office looks really busy and is full of employees in the episode.
5. ATC leaves the tower when it's most crucial to planes in the area. Opposite day.
6. When Hardison has to vector the plane, aside from the goofiness, why would a trans-Atlantic flight attempt to go direct to Cincinnati instead of to New York City (as would be expected), especially if it was going to be low on fuel?
7. Why would a trans-Atlantic flight be coming into Cincinnati during night time when the westbound tracks for flights across the Atlantic are valid earlier in the day?
8. The gang steals SIDA badges, but don't have the correct codes to clear the doors to get to the ramp. The people who lost their badges are supposed to immediately report it to security. Red flags everywhere, especially when Hardison goes to find out his pin directly with security.
9. CQG is not an airport identifier. It's a fictional airport.
10. Flights of this nature (the original private flight that didn't go) would more likely be out of Lunken Field, about a 20 minute drive away. That's where more private and medical flights go in/out. This one holds little water, though. The bad guys could just as well fly a private flight out of the international hub.
That just about sums up things that jumped out at me. Are there any other flaws or questionable things you say about the episode? Maybe these things aren't glaringly obvious, but anyone can look this stuff up...